Steps to Creating Your Local’s ESSA Team
The opportunities of ESSA will only become real if educators lead implementation. Take steps now to build a strong ESSA team from your local, so when the district forms its ESSA stakeholder group (as required by ESSA), your members can be included and make their voices heard.
HERE’S HOW TO BUILD YOUR LOCAL’S ESSA TEAM SO YOUR LOCAL CAN LEAD THE WAY ON ESSA IMPLEMENTATION:
- Inform and engage your members
- Invite existing member-leaders to join Local ESSA Team and to help identify and invite new leaders to participate. Connect member-leaders to each other through ESSA Implementation Group on NEA’s edCommunities.
- Cultivate leadership. Recruit new member-leaders to participate in your
Local’s ESSA Team with special focus on early career educators, diversity, practitioner leaders.
- Convene Your Local ESSA Team
- Claim your Community’s ESSA Implementation Space